Perfectly soft and chewy white chocolate sugar cookies topped with a “kiss” of Pumpkin Spice!
Sick of pumpkin recipes yet?
Good, I’m not either!
I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things about any kind of holiday is having access to all kinds of seasonal-flavored candy! This is especially true when it comes to Fall and pumpkin!! So when I came across these…
I knew I had to buy them!
I mean, come on! Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses??? You had me at Pumpkin, Hershey.
Instead of just doing this with them.
I did this!
As oppose to the traditional “Peanut Butter Blossoms,” these cookies are infused with the divine sweetness of white chocolate! Thanks to this brilliant little ingredient!
Not only does the pudding mix give the cookie such wonderful white chocolate flavor, but it also helps the cookies to stay perfectly chewy, rather than crunchy and hard! No thank you!
And for me, there’s no better pairing than white chocolate and pumpkin. They were destined for each other!
Instead of using plain white granulated sugar, I coated these cookies in something more festive…Fall-colored sanding sugar! I thought about using cinnamon sugar since these ARE White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Blossoms, but I wasn’t sure if it would overpower the white chocolate flavor in the cookies. I’m sure they would taste great either way!
I absolutely loved the combination of the slight crunch of the sugar crystals around the edges with the chewiness of the white chocolate pudding cookie. It was like eating the best white chocolate sugar cookie ever!
And if you pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds, they’re even better!!!
TIP! I would advise putting your Hershey kisses in the freezer for 20-30 minutes before placing them on the hot cookies, or else you’ll end up with something like this…
Not that that’s a bad thing…
And forgive me if I sound a bit inappropriate, but what does this look like to you?
Literally, food porn. Although these would be perfect for a bachelorette (or bachelor!) party!
Am I right?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3.56 oz) box white chocolate pudding mix (dry)
- 1 (10 oz) bag Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses*
- granulated sugar, for rolling*
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth. Add in both sugars and mix on high for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk one at a time, mixing after each addition until combined. Stir in the vanilla and pudding mix.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture until everything has been incorporated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days.
- Once dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and then rolling each one in the sugar. Place them on the baking about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until tops of cookies begin to crackle.
- Press a Hershey Kiss on top of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- *Be sure to place Hershey Kisses in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before placing them on the freshly baked cookies. This will allow the to hold their shape better.
- *I used Fall-themed sprinkle sugar for rolling my cookies, but granulated sugar or even cinnamon sugar would work just as well!