Only 4 ingredients required to make this sinfully delicious white chocolate bark filled with sweet circus animal cookie truffle filling!
While it’s pretty difficult to improve upon the already delicious, oh-so-unbelievably-addictive circus animal cookies, I can almost guarantee that you’ll go absolutely bonkers over this new recipe I have for you.
Circus Animal Truffle Bark!
I mean, the title alone should have you convinced.
The inspiration came from those Oreo truffles that everyone loves. I figured, why not do the same thing with Circus Animal Cookies? But instead of the laborious task of rolling individual balls and painstakingly dipping every one of them (cute, but rather time-consuming), why not make them into a bark?
Filled barks are one of my favorite treats to make because not only do they taste amazing, but they’re incredibly easy to make. And would you believe, this recipe only requires 4 ingredients??
Allow me to break this beautiful treat down for you. Get it?! Since chocolate bark is usually broken into pieces?!
Ok, I’ll stop now…
It begins with a thin layer of white chocolate, which might LOOK like ordinary white chocolate, but it’s not. I added a little sugar cookie mix to the chocolate to go along with the cookie truffle theme. And also because this treat wasn’t sweet enough already 😉
The middle, or truffle layer, is a super simple mixture of our beloved circus animal cookies and cream cheese. Similar to making Oreo truffles, it requires sheer restraint NOT to just eat the truffle filling by the spoonful once it’s been made. This is especially true when you’re using your fingers to spread the filling over the white chocolate. While doing so, I had to repeatedly remind myself NOT to lick my fingers, or else it would all be downhill from there…
To finish things off, I slathered on a final layer of sugar cookie-infused white chocolate and a healthy spattering of colorful sprinkles.
There you have it! One of the BEST cookies in the world transformed into one of the BEST man-made creations in the world!
Ok, so maybe I’m exaggerating a little…
Actually, no. I’m not.
- 1 (12 oz) bag Frosted Circus Animal Cookies
- 7 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 18 ounces vanilla almond bark
- 4 Tablespoons sugar cookie mix, dry
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 9 ounces of the almond bark in the microwave according to package instructions. Stir in 2 Tablespoons of the sugar cookie mix. Pour melted almond bark onto the lined baking sheet and spread into a thin even layer.* Allow to harden while you work on the truffle filling.
- In a food processor, pulse the animal cookies until finely crushed. Add the cream cheese and continue pulsing until fully incorporated. Drop spoonfuls of cookie truffle filling evenly over the hardened almond bark. Then, using either a butterknife or your fingers (like I did!), evenly spread the truffle filling, assuring that the bottom layer is covered.
- Melt the remaining almond bark and stir in the last 2 Tablespoons of the sugar cookie mix. Pour melted bark over the truffle filling and spread into an even layer. Immediately add sprinkles and refrigerate to allow bark to fully harden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut the bark into pieces and serve! Bark will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- *How thin or thick you spread out your chocolate is totally up to you! I prefer to spread my chocolate out a little thinner just because it prevents the filling from squeezing out of the bark when you cut or bite into it.
Looking for more Circus Animal Cookie action?
Or maybe you’d like to check out some other deliciously addictive FILLED barks…