Divinely creamy, no-churn ice cream infused with the richness of brownie batter and brimming with chunks of chewy brownie and dark chocolate chips!
Everyone knows that nothing goes better with warm, chewy brownies than ice cream. So I figured, why not combine the two into one sinfully rich, cool, and irresistibly creamy treat?
I bring you…Brownie Batter Ice Cream.
This isn’t just your ordinary run-of-the-mill brownie ice cream. No, no, no, no, no! This is brownie BATTER ice cream, which means it has the flavor of brownie batter infused INTO the ice cream.
Wanna know the best part? You won’t have to feel bad about satisfying your raw batter eating habits with this ice cream since it doesn’t actually contain raw eggs–it only uses the brownie mix.
And instead of just letting the rest of the mix go to waste (biggest crime on Earth!), why not bake up some brownies to toss into the ice cream? After all, the ice cream is flavored with brownie batter, so it only makes sense to stir in some brownies, right?
Because it wasn’t chocolatey enough, I threw in a healthy helping of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Oh, and if you’re wondering, I did make my own chocolate-dipped sugar cones, and they were SUPER easy to make! All you need are sugar cones, melted chocolate, and sprinkles–so fun to make and even more fun to eat!
The texture of the chewy, soft brownies as well as the dark chocolate morsels weaving in and out of the heavenly batter-infused ice cream is likely to give anyone a chocolate high. So be careful if you plan on doing any driving afterward…
- 1 (18.3 oz) box brownie mix*, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir half of the brownie mix (about 1 1/2 cups), egg, oil, and water together in a mixing bowl. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 24-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with few crumbs attached. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup dry brownie mix together until combined.
- In the chilled bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Stir 1 cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture until combined and slightly thinned out. Pour this mixture in with the rest of the whipped cream and fold together until no more white streaks remain. Place in freezer.
- Cut brownies into small bite-sized cubes. Fold brownie chunks and chocolate chips into ice cream. Pour into a large airtight container and freeze for 2 hours to thicken. Remove and stir ice cream to assure that brownie chunks and chocolate chips don't sink to the bottom. Freeze for another 12 hours. Serve and enjoy!
- *I used Betty Crocker boxed brownie mix. Depending on which brownie mix you use, you might have to change the ingredient amounts (egg, oil, water).