Fudgy peanut butter blondies STUFFED with rich chocolatey Nutella!
Everyone has their own idea of what they believe Heaven is like when they die. For me, Heaven is a place where we can eat endless supplies of peanut butter and Nutella without gaining a fraction of an ounce. Oh, and John Stamos would be there telling me how beautiful I was EVERY single day 😉
But since I don’t plan on kickin’ the bucket any time soon, I guess I’ll just have to settle on these Nutella-Stuffed Peanut Butter Blondies.
I can’t say it’s a bad compromise…
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love peanut butter and Nutella together. And if I do, I don’t wanna hear it. *Ears plugged*
Nutella is basically a chocolate hazelnut version of peanut butter. In other words, it’s what peanut butter wants to be when it grows up. Heck, I want to be Nutella when I grow up. Who WOULD’NT want to be loved and adored by millions (probably even billions) of people all over the world??
Back to these blondies. I was on the fence of whether to call these blondies or cookie bars. That is until I came to the conclusion that blondies are basically tan brownies, so they tend to be fudgier and ooey gooey-er than cookie bars. These peanut butter blondies are super soft, dense, slightly chewy, and plenty buttery. In fact, if one didn’t like Nutella (Is that even possible??), these blondies would be great with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or white chocolate chips (OR ALL THREE!!!) baked in. The blondies are slightly underbaked, with a tender golden crust and a soft middle, flowing with hazelnut-infused chocolate.
Lucky for you (and your growling stomachs), these blondies come together in a *snap*! While I do prefer to use my handy dandy stand mixer over anything else, the batter can easily be prepared in one bowl without a mixer. There’s no sifting and no separating, which means fewer dirty dishes to clean. Yay!
The thick and gooey layer of Nutella sandwiched between the two supremely moist layers of peanut butter dough make this blondie even more fudgy. The Nutella adds that wonderful pop of chocolate as well as the perfect amount of depth and richness to contrast with the peanut butter blondies. (Do I sound like I know what I’m talking about?)
All I have to say is good luck trying to stop at eating just one of these blonde babes.
At least swimsuit season is over…
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray an 8x8" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar together until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla. Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top. Measure out Nutella in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds, then spread evenly over the batter. Top with remaining batter by dropping spoonfuls evenly over the Nutella and gently smoothing out the top.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until the top is no longer glossy and the edges are golden brown. Cool completely before slicing. Blondies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.